Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Wish

Please don't let this season go astray
I really need good feelings everyday
This has been a very hard year
I've struggled to feel you near
I know I've let my life get in the way
Sometimes even forgotten to pray
So my wish for this Christmas season
Is that I can fill it with a greater reason
Not with gifts and candy and such
That isn't what matters much
But to find within myself ways to be more giving
I've known all along this is how I should be living
Even simple things like being more kind
Because I've allowed myself to go spiritually blind
But most important that I need to seek
Is being more humble and meek
To remember thy example set before me
And not forget to get down on my knee
This is my cry for you to abide
Because I need you by my side

2 comments:

  1. My old and new and cherished friend,
    Don't let these writings end.
    You are SO good at what you do!!
    I wish I were as good as you!
    I enjoy, thoroughly, what you write -
    Good luck on your sleepless blight : )

    I suck - you're AMAZING.
    Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no that was great!!! I love it! thanks for all your encouragement! cuz i don't think i am that good, it just helps me get a little out! do you write?

    ReplyDelete