So, there's this AMAZING guy
Who used to yell at me as I walked by
He was 18
And treated me like his queen
Soon he became my best friend
Every waking hour we'd try to spend
Sometimes even getting ice cream for my mom
This poor guy even missed his senior prom
But he ONCE sang me a song
I knew right then my feelings were strong
Not much has changed these past twenty two years
Except he's had several careers...
First, construction, then a security guard
He's even been licensed to give you your insurance card!
I think he's super smart
And of course he has a really big heart!
He loves to make you laugh
Really, he is my better half!
There's that saying "Time sure flies when you're having fun!"
Well, I do feel like we've just begun!
PJ, turning 40 should make you feel proud
Just look at a few things your life has allowed...
Four very beautiful, feisty girls,
Your gorgeous dark curls,
Friends and family that love you,
Somehow always being able to make due,
Your many talents and strengths,
A brother that came great lengths...
And of course for hitting your prime,
I HAD to give you your very own rhyme!
Honey, you're still that AMAZING guy!
Thank you for still whistling as I walk by
My love for you grows stronger and stronger each passing day
I'm looking forward to those days we're together, old and gray!
No comments:
Post a Comment