Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Drive In

Layin here under that cloudy dark sky
Feelin the heavy cool breeze pass by
Listening to the children laugh
Everything around me feels like a summer bath
Quiet and peaceful just for a moment
I see the balloon that's been tied on for adornment
Watching that big beautiful screen
Taking in the people, cars, smells, the entire sceen
Speakers rumblin
Kids fumblin
Eating Reese's Piece's
Forgetting that my waistline increases
Bright scenes flash across the night air
Lovin this time I have to share
With five girls and one lonely boy
They all bring me such joy!
Marrae's asleep right by my knee
Talia's on her texting spree
Cherith and Logan are sitting outside
Kamarah's in the middle feeling denied
Katlin's on her phone
This would be no fun alone
Doesn't matter what we watch here
I just love my atmosphere
Sadly it's already time to go
Packing up under that Drive In glow
I'm lookin up at that cloudy dark sky
Sensing the heavy cool breeze makes me sigh
Oh how I love this feeling
It's emotionally healing
The last song is being played
Like my own personal serenade
Beautifully simple, I'm trying to imply
I'm just not ready to say goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment