Today was a day that was meant for me,
Thankfully it began with me on my knee.
Then rushing and hurring to get about,
And enter's my mind the full on doubt.
What will I feel today? If anything at all?
Unknown at the time, but it would end with a bawl.
You see...
Today was a day that was meant for me,
Heavenly Father, I know has heard my plea.
Feeling lonely and lost most of the time,
Trying to work towards my prime.
Quietly sitting with an open heart,
The soft wisperings and burning begins to start.
You see...
Today was a day that was meant for me,
Sometimes I still have the feeling to flee.
Sadly these feelings I can not avoid,
Even though I've seen other lives destroyed.
Then again comes the burning,
And I truely feel myself yearning.
So I stop and say to myself...
Today was a day that was meant for me,
For I know my spirit can be free.
Grateful for the Gospel I know and love,
A loving Heavenly Father I speak of.
Seeing his foundation solid and true,
For today I truely grew.
And now I know....
Today was a day that was meant for me,
And thankfully it will end with me on my knee.

This is a treasured poem, Quinn! Thanks for sharing it!!
ReplyDelete